Sunday, March 3, 2013

Whirlwind.

What a whirlwind of a month! First off, we welcomed our new daughter Eden Rebecca Leland on February 20th at 1 in the morning. She was 7lbs and 14 oz and absolutely beautiful. Labor lasted around 8 hours this time (so much slower than my first two!) but was as relaxed as possible and my mother in law was able to be there before she left for Haiti. Three days after having Eden, we filled every seat of our scion up with our family of five, and went to Grandma Leland's house for the last time. I cannot describe how hard it was for me to take Eden back from my mother in law's arms as she said goodbye to the rest of the family. My in laws are a giant part of my family's life and my kids adore them and their 3 youngest children. We went to their house every Sunday after church and many other days throughout the week. Needless to go on, it's been hard to fill in the holes and not cry every time the kids ask to go to Grandma's. It will get easier with time I'm sure. A few days after they left, I got really sick and had to go to the ER. Cyrus was at home with a fever as well as he fought off a nasty cold. Life gets crazy. But God is amazing. I am getting so much better, Cyrus is better,Eden is beautiful and healthy and Jake and Genna never even got sick. Also, we got to talk to our family for the first time tonight and we are closer to getting to see them again in May. This week we are working on getting passports for the kids! We have to get Eden's birth certificate and social security number first, so I'm hoping we have enough time to get it all together before we run out of time. :) I have faith that God is on it though. :) In the next week we'll probably be going through another round of selling things in order to continue to raise money for our trip. As soon as life returns to a bit more of a balanced state, I'll start posting things again. I really feel like God has already covered it, and we are just waiting to see it all come together! Anyways, my baby has been asleep long enough now that if I don't join her, I'll be a very sleepy woman in the morning. :) I'll keep everyone updated more as we go and hopefully it will be more coherent than this update. ;) Thank you for keeping up with our journey and our life, and thank you for all your prayers. They have meant so much to us as we've been battling through this mess of changes. Do not fear for I am with you. Isiah 41:10 ~Amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment