Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taking the Next step...with a huge leap.

        For the last several years my In Laws have been doing some pretty major work over in Haiti. Jake and I have been involved in the support of the ministry and of his parents throughout this time and have also fallen in love with the people and what all God has in store for that country and for their ministry. They have started schools, a medical clinic, expanded the orphanage to hold twice as many, set it up so that all the kids have better care and are learning so much. They are setting up a new market in the area to bring revenue into the city and to help the ministry on a path that will make it self sustainable. There are so many projects in motion that I could go on forever! 
       I am so amazed at all the wonderful things that have gone on, and although my husband usually makes the trip down to Haiti once a year, I have never been able to go. Until this year! This May we are taking a trip to Haiti together, with our three children in tow! We are very excited to take this trip together as a family. Jake's parents are moving there in a few weeks and so when we go down there it will be a chance for the kids to see their grandparents and a chance for Jake's dad to meet our newest little one. It will also be a great opportunity for me to experience Haiti and finally meet the people I have been praying for and loving from afar all these years, and for Jake to reconnect with those he misses so much! 
    I'd like to ask all of you for your prayers while we prepare for this trip and for while we are in Haiti. There is a lot involved in getting ready for it. It is a long way to travel for an adult, let alone three kids. :) We'll be staying in the orphanage with his family and it is fairly secure there, but travel to and from Port Au Prince can be tricky and drivers in Haiti are a little wild (from what I've been told.). Getting sick is always a possibility, so I'd like to have my family fully covered in prayers for protection from illness as well! :) I am really looking forward to going and getting to share this amazing experience with my whole family. 
    Obviously an 11 day trip for a family of five is not an inexpensive venture. Jake and I will be selling a lot of our things in order to raise money for the flight and the stay while we are there. We need to raise about $4200 total. So if you see me posting things for sale please feel free to pass them on! :) Also, we could use the help of friends and family to make this possible. If you are able to contribute financially that would be a HUGE blessing to us. If you aren't able to help financially right now, then please pray that the costs will be covered. We believe Prayer is a powerful tool that should be well used!  Share us with people you know and help us get the word out! I'll be updating this blog and my Facebook so you can all keep up with us and keep praying with us. Thank you Thank you Thank you! 
  I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and for any prayers or other help that you throw in! This is the next big step for us and we are excited about all the things that this trip will bring us. Who knows what God has in store for the five of us?! 

~Amber~



**If you are interested in contributing and would like a tax deductible receipt, You may donate the money through New Generation Ministries Haiti . Through their website http://www.newgenerationhaiti.org/ or you can end it through the mail to 354 W Badger Rd. Lynden,WA 98264.  Just specify What you'd like the money to go to in a note. Again, Thank you so very much! and keep in touch!



No comments:

Post a Comment