Monday, January 4, 2016

There is a quietness around my house today. An emotional hush. Everyone is doing only the things they have to, no one wants to miss a minute. There is no fighting today. Only friendship. We all know that it is the last day, that tonight we say good bye, and in the morning things will be very different. In the morning. But right now, Lizzy and Genesis walk everywhere hand in hand. Cyrus and Jonathan are playing silly games with Trinity, Josh is running around in his own imagination, and Janae and Lydia and doing their best to help get ready for tonight while Eden runs around yelling that she is Donatello. My heart loves this natural chaos. I love living side by side with these beautiful people that God has placed in my life. This beautiful family that is passionate and dedicated, selfless and humble, loving and honest, feisty and fun, and mine. A beautiful Mother who fights for her children, A strong Father who gives his best always. My reader, my singer, my cackler, my artist, and my charmer. Today I will soak it all in. Today I will play in the snow and let them eat candy and let them stay up late. I will hold them a little longer, and tell them how important they are one more time. I will kiss them and feed them and pray over them all. We, as a family, will send them out surrounded by an immense love and support. I will cry and I will love them the best I know how. I will hold my daughter who is as emotional as I am and we will cry together. But.....,
      
     
We are sending them out. They are off into war and they are off to save lives. They are off to educate children, feed the starving, heal the sick, and love on the people of Haiti in a way that so many of us cannot. They are leaving one home full of memories, love, and people that they have spent their whole lives with, and going back to their other home, where they do the work of the Lord Jesus Christ and live in Honor and Faith. Bravely and Humbly they step out into the fray and share the truly GOOD NEWS of Hope, Love and Salvation. They fight oppression with their every breath and live to bring light to the darkest places. These warriors are worth the tears. These lovers are worth the Goodbyes. The lives they save, are worth the heartache. 
 
     So, Today I will enjoy my last day the best I can. I will feel all the pain and I will cry all the tears. and in the morning, I will fight beside them. 

Join me in praying for this family of obedient servants. They need every ally available. 







No comments:

Post a Comment